Re: dial on demand ... dials by itself !!

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 20:54:41 +0000
Daves Debian <dave_arahan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I have enabled dial on demand, it works great except sometimes
> it dials up by itself. I assume by some program trying to access and
> unknown ip address.
>
> How do I find out what programms are using my ppp link ?
> ps ax | grep ppp
> tells me ppp is active, but what caused it to activate and what
> program is sending all this data ???!!!
>
> Many thanks for any help
> Dave

I had this problem as well with the default config in Debian Potato. I
wasn't knowledgeable to trace down the source, plus I didn't really want
to spend that much time on it. Instead I played with some of the timings
and triggers in /etc/diald/standard.filter and got it working a lot
smoother. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you a copy of
my config file.

HTH,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
http://www.linux.org/