burning divx to play on dvd player

hullo all.

I've got a divx file (not a copyrighted one, it's from
http://www.crewoftwo.com/movie/index.html and they made it themselves) that
i'd like to play on a dvd player.

my flatmate burns them under windows all the time but i don't ahve a
windows cd bruner and figure it shouldn't me too hard.

does anyone know if i can just make an iso of the file and burn it down as

or is there mroe magic required?

    Not yet is the spirit of that pristine valour
    extinct in you, when girt with steel and lofty flames
    once we fought against the empire of heaven.
    We were -- that I will not deny -- vanquished in that conflict:
    yet the great intention was not lacking in nobility.
    Something or other gave Him victory: to us remained
    the glory of a dauntless daring.
    And even if my troop fell thence vanquished,
    yet to have attempted a lofty enterprise is still a trophy.

    --From La Strage degli Innocenti (The Slaughter of the
Innocents) by Giambattista Marino (1569-1625)