Re: apache log question

Robert Waldner wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 00:23:09 +0100, Robert Waldner writes:
>>LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
><...>
<snip>
>Of course, when properly spelled as "Referrer", everything works out
> just fine.

This doesn't seem likely.  My config looks like yours (including the
traditional misspelling of 'referrer') and it works as you desire in the
combined mode.  I don't log referer or agent separately.  Well, actually
I log to access.log rather than access_log, but I can't see that as a
problem.  Of course, I diffed with Mark I mod 0 eyeballs.

Have you tried backing out of your current config and using the
sample/default httpd.conf from the package?  Make the minimum edits and
browse from localhost to test.  If that works, diff the two files.
Check all references to paths and logs.  It's probably something as
simple as a typo :)
--
gt       kk5st@sbcglobal.net
It ain't so much what you don't know that gets you in trouble---