EXIM relay for specific users

Hello again,
I cannot get EXIM to let me relay email. I have read Hazel, EXIM (O'Reilly),
and numbers of other documents but I am missing something.

The setup:
Intel 845 P4 1.6G; 768MbRAM; Debian Linux (3.0 Woody)
behind a US Robotics Firewall connected to a Static IP#
The two computers on the LAN have static IPs

I would like to allow valid users to relay mail from their computers to
anywhere through my server.

Right now everything but that appears to work fine. I can mail to my account
on the server and download the mail from the server via POP3 and I can mail
from the users desktop to anywhere.

host_auth_accept_relay = * (also tried mydomain.net)

I have both "login" and "plain" uncommented in the exim.conf and I have
created an /etc/exim/passwd file

I always get the following error: Server response 550 relaying prohibited by
administrator.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to get this working?

Thanks!

Best Wishes!
Mike Olds www.buddhadust.org