Re: how to let linux(2.2.18) read the cd-rw-disk formated in xp

--- eric <fsshl@centurytel.net> wrote:
> Dear Shawn or any linux user:
>
>   That only let me see 3 files in cdrom
> autorun.inf, udfrchk.exe, udffrint.zl
> same effect of mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom
>
> but no doubt , in xp, I can see the 4 files pppoe, etc in my d drive
> cdrw
> so please help again on this
No more ideas there, like the others said maybe it can only be read by
the program you created it with, or it is an open session CD.

> also I tried to put the hardisk of xp as slave, linux as master
> it show
> grub error1.5
> at beginning of boot time
Why did you move the disks?  If you are using Grub as the bootloader it
will look for the grub files in (hdX,x) as you have them defined... you
would need to edit the grub-setup if you move disks... there may be a
better alternative to that... I was suggesting booting into debian and
then just mounting the XP filesystem... not sure what fs XP uses
though, NTFS? VFAT? something new?

> maybe because when I install progeny1.0 , I only have one harddisk in
> hdc(secondary master).
>  Where I should modify so I can access my xp disk(suppose in
> secondary ide
> slave) from linux(secondary ide master)?
See above - you should be able to just mount it with the mount
command..
if XP is on the first partition of the first disk:
su - root
mount -t vfat /dev/hda /mnt

and there you go, just cd to /mnt... if it is another filesystem (fs)
then you may need different options...
> highly appreciate your help and time
> sincer Eric
Try it out.