Re: How to enable DMA at boot time

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 12:31:41AM +0000, Clive Standbridge wrote:
> On Thu 28 Nov 2002 07:46:49 +0000(-0800), Bill Moseley wrote:
> >
> > I've used the -k "keep" switch do htparm to remember DMA settings.
>
> I've tried that but the settings don't survive a reboot.

Uh, they're not supposed to.  That flag is "keep_over_reset", which means
that if the kernel has to reset the drive for some reason, that the setting
should stick.

If you want DMA settings to stick across reboots, fix whatever is stopping
the kernel from enabling DMA in the first place.

--
 Marc Wilson |     All generalizations are false, including this one.
 msw@cox.net |     -- Mark Twain