Re: How to enable DMA at boot time

* Clive Standbridge (nobody@i.love.spam) [021127 09:46]:
> On Wed 27 Nov 2002 04:13:08 +0000(+0000), Pigeon wrote:
>
> 4:13am! Is Pigeon really an owl?
>
> > Try ide0=ata66 (for UDMA66; change as appropriate)
> >
> > Works for me.
>
> I tried both ide0=ata66 and ide0=ata100 but neither worked. The
> parameters went onto the kernel command line reported by dmesg and
> kern.log (and some other logs), but had no other obvious effect.

Documentation/ide.txt (from the Linux kernel tree) shows the ide options
available at boot, and includes this line:

 "idex=dma"             : automatically configure/use DMA if possible.

I don't see any mention of ata or udma options there, but you could try
and see if "ide0=dma" does anything for you.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  --Benjamin Franklin