Re: which is the best partition table format?

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 07:52:40AM +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:
| On Sunday 01 December 2002 4:45 am, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
| >  Both VGs and LVs can be dynamically resized (though
| > I'm not certain if LVs can decrease in size or only increase).
|
| You can decrease an LV if you have first decreased the overlaying
| filesystem.

Yeah, I guess that's what I meant.  Is it safe to shrink an ext2/ext3
filesystem?  Supposedly a FAT32 partition can be safely shrunk after
defrag moves all the data to the front of the disk.  I'm hoping
there's an counterpart for ext2 (possibly part of the 'e2fsadm'
program that ships with lvm).

-D

--
A kindhearted woman gains respect,