Re: How do I do a net install when there's no driver for my nic?

Brian Kendig said:
> I have a Dell Latitude CPi laptop computer with a Dell Latitude C/Port
> dock.  The laptop has no network connectivity, but the dock provides an
> Ethernet port powered by a 3Com 3C905 Fast Etherlink XL 10/100 chip.
>
> Problem is, the Debian 3.0 installation disks have no driver for this
> network interface.  I want to use floppies to start a net install of
> Debian, but I don't know how to add support for the dock's networking  to
> the Debian install floppies.
>
> How do I do a net install of Debian on this computer?

have you tried the bf2.4 floppies? what happens when you try to
load the 3c59x module? that chip should be supported by that
driver.

worst case, install the base system from CD, and configure the kernel
or pcmcia to support the card and to the rest from the network. This
works best of course if you have a 2nd system to build the kernel
on. but that 3com card should work fine ......

nate