RE: new kernel

Mark L. Kahnt said on Saturday, 30 November 2002 2:50 PM

>Would you run a beta of the next version
>of Windows on your only box? That is what running a development kernel
>at this point involves.

I see your point Mark, but this is my only box (hey i'm poor and can't
afford a 2nd box).  If it stuffs up there's always the good ole wipe the hdd
and start again ;-) You can tell i've used windows before can't you ;-)

I'm not too fussed if the new development kernel screws my system up, I have
my data backed up onto CD and if it happens, oh well.  I'm just very curious
about some of the changes to the kernel in the development cycle, they sound
very interesting.  I make a habit of keeping another kernel there anyways to
boot into if I get problems.  I know if the hdd gets corrupted etc i'm stuck
- but i'm not running a production machine, just a normal home computer.
Don't get me wrong I don't like to "wipe" my disk if I can avoid it.  Thanks
for advice ;-)

Dave

PS i've never been privy to beta versions of windows, but they are very
buggy from what i've heard.  A lot of my friends have ran beta versions of
windows (2000 and xp variants) from time to time on their home machines.