Re: Cheap CDs

On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 13:59, bob parker wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Dec 2002 05:06, Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
> > Maybe I've just read past this several times in the package list without
> > my brain catching what was being said, but what is a good program for
> > cloning bootable data CDs? I want to make a couple extra copies of the
> > Woody CDs, and with both a burner and a CD-ROM on my box, I'd like to be
> > able to just load both up and *copy*, but nothing seems to handle it all
> > that well. I know that Xcdroast will clone audio CDs, but that is not my
> > goal.
>
> cat /dev/cdrom > cd.iso
>
> cdrecord -scanbus	that gets you the device number for your burner
> 			eg 0,3,0 for dev=
>
> cdrecord -v speed=your_burner_speed dev=x,y,z cd.iso
>
> The boot stuff is already in the iso image, it got put there during the
> mkisofs stage ( assuming it's a bootable cd you are copying ).
>
> If you want to check the iso image before burning it
>
> mount -r -t iso9660 -o loop cd.iso /mnt
> Maybe as root for the mount.
>
> Much easier than stuffing abround with the guis
>
> Bob

Actually, that was my first move, and while the ISO is fine (and yes,
you need to be root to do the mount,) all I'm getting on the burn is a
small ring at the core of the target, and then it fails. I've made 3
coasters already, which is not my goal.

That said, I'd prefer to be able to go directly from one CD to the other
if possible.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org