Re: ES1869 sound chip driver

Thanks!  Xmms has the same problem - repeating portions of the audio
multiple times before moving to the next portion.  I checked the system
log with dmesg as suggested and get the following indicators:

SB 3.01 detected OK (220)
ESS chip ES1869 specified
sb: Interrupt test on IRQ7 failed - Probable IRQ conflict
<ESS ES1869 AudioDrive (rev 11) (3.01)> at ox220 irq 7 dma 1,5
Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

Last line repeated numerous times.

Looking at /proc/interrupts shows:
0:	5227309	XT-PIC	timer
1:	1430	XT-PIC	keyboard
2:	0	XT-PIC	cascade
7:	0	XT-PIC	soundblaster
11:	5831	XT-PIC	eth0
12:	30743	XT-PIC	PS/2 Mouse
14:	26632	XT-PIC	ide0
15:	1	XT-PIC	ide1
NMI:	0
ERR:	0

Can anyone help further, or recommend what to check next?

Thanks much,
	Russ