debian user vs. browser plug-ins

Just curious what the debian user does if he wants to browse like his
microsoft counterpart when encountering flash, java, etc. 'enhanced'
web pages.  These cause mozilla 0.99 to ask me to download some
'plug-ins' in some wacky fail prone way on my frail costly modem
connection.  Why can't we 'plug-in' all the plug-ins before hand from
our debian CD set?  I'm tired of complaining that various sites
shouldn't be using all this 'advanced technology'.  Instead I was
supposing that the highly advanced debian system with 3 times as many
packages as other distributions certainly somehow can meet and exceed
the convenience of a microsoft user when encountering .swf etc.
Yes I noted some packages to deal with .swf, but what is the
'integrated' way?
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780