Re: apt-sources and apt-preferences

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Paul Johnson wrote:

> Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 01:11:31 -0800
> From: Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
> To: Debian User List <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: Re: apt-sources and apt-preferences
>
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 02:45:48AM -0500, Travis Crump wrote:
> > Just out of curiosity, how many megs is your apt-get update?  I'd try it
> > myself, but my much shorter sources.list already takes 20 minutes to
> > update over my modem...
>
> No idea, I usually fire and forget.  My sources.list isn't for anyone
> short on patience or bandwidth.

Someone who is unfortunte not to have reasonable bandwith, as is my
situation, perhaps could prevail on a friend with a high bandwidth
connection and a cd burner to let you fetch your debs. That is a bit
inconvenient, but it beats not having a phone for a day.  It doesn't take
long at school, where they have a quite fast connection.

I wish you Lots of luck, and at least one very good friend with a fast
conenection and a brner.

David