Re: How to enable DMA at boot time

On Wed 27 Nov 2002 04:13:08 +0000(+0000), Pigeon wrote:

4:13am! Is Pigeon really an owl?

> Try ide0=ata66 (for UDMA66; change as appropriate)
>
> Works for me.

I tried both ide0=ata66 and ide0=ata100 but neither worked. The parameters went onto the kernel command line reported by dmesg and kern.log (and some other logs), but had no other obvious effect.

Is there a way to prod the kernel into reporting whether its parameters are accepted as valid? I ask because I also tried feeding it some nonsense parameters and it didn't complain in any obvious way.

--
Cheers,
Clive