[SOLVED, sort of] Re: drivers for HP Laserjet 3330?

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 01:54:36 +0000 (UTC), Faheem Mitha
<faheem@email.unc.edu> wrote:

> I wondered if anyone has tried using the Laserjet 3330 under Linux. I
> just set this up for someone using the generic HP Laserjet Postscript
> driver. With this driver I can only print at 600dpi though it has
> supposedly 1200 resolution, and that driver doesn't have any specific
> support for this printer. Has anyone managed to do any better?

In my wanderings around the web, I had found .exe files (on the HP web
site) which purported to be Windows postscript drivers. These appeared
to be completely useless for my purposes, since I assumed there were
something that would only work with Windows. However, on browsing
linuxprinting.org, I saw it stated that running unzip on the .exe file
would open it up and produce some .ppd files, which appears to be
correct. So I just need to find out which version of the ppd file to
use. I'm not quite sure why the Debian package hp-ppd does not contain
it though. Perhaps copyright reasons?

                                                 Faheem.