Re: mail reader for news and mail

On 21 Nov 2002 20:46:10 -0600
Shyamal Prasad wrote:

>    "Debian" == Debian User <punux@attbi.com> writes:
>
>     Debian> Any suggestions for client that reads mail *and* news?  I
>     Debian> currently use mutt, but then use gnus for newsgroups...
>     Debian> briefly looked into vm and rmail... not exactly
>     Debian> attractive...
>
> Before giving up on Gnus trying reading your mail in it. It works
> great once you get used to the wierdness of reading your mailbox(es)
> as if they were news. It is hard to set up, but with procmail it makes
> for a great way to keep up with high volume lists.

I gave up on gnus because the info pages didn't give me enough
information on how to (1) get rid of ~/News[1], (2) use gnus
without setting up a newsgroup[2] or (3) interface it with my MH
mail folders.

[1]I hate it when user programs clutter ~/ with (unhidden)
directories, a disease gnus appears to share with widowmaker.

[2]i.e., use it exclusively as a mail reader.