Re: bind8 vs bind9

Tim Dijkstra <newsuser@famdijkstra.org> [2002-11-18 17:14:38 +0100]:

> Is there any reason to stick with bind8 other then convenience? I'm
> asking this because bind9 seems pretty mature, but the default bind is
> still bind8 I think...

What is "convenient" about bind8?  That is a serious question and not
meant to be snide.  Please educate me.

With the many security advisories that have been posted against bind8
recently I find bind9 much more convenient since I have not needed to
update those servers as often.

Perhaps you did not know that bind9 uses the exact same configuration
file as bind8 in almost all cases?  Unless you are doing something
strange you don't need to change your configuration files at all.

Bob