Re: ldap re-creating database

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 23:11:56 -0800, nate wrote:
> mdevin said:
>
> > Can you spell that out even more for this ldap newbie?
> > In my slapd.conf I do have the following:
> > rootdn          "cn=admin,dc=mycompany,dc=com"
> > rootpw          {SSHA}JuaWFhw+AXDgppTgOJPtpZARL1PpWRoj
>

> you sure thats right? I think it should be SHA, though I prefer
> MD5.

That is what it produced when I did slappasswd:
# slappasswd
New password:
Re-enter new password:
{SSHA}xwjRtL5cfvb09a7AJdTAsEt1vvLq4TN0

It produces a different value each time despite the password being the
same.  In the example above I use the value "password" as the password
both in my previous post and the this one.

Cheers.
Mark.