Re: Version to use?

hiya,

i'd recommend just starting with stable.  one release will probably
not be horribly faster or slower than any other release, but in either
case you won't want to be running X.  the really nice thing about debian
is that you can configure it to have only what you want right from the
install (you don't even need the cd's actually).  i'm not running any
486 machines currently, but i am running a copy of testing on a
p75-something, which is able to host websites, dns, and mail for half
a dozen (granted, small traffic) sites.  just grab the appropriate
root.bin and rescue.bin images, put the latter in first, and at some
point it will ask you what you want to install.

hth
--sean