Logitech trackman mouse configuration question...

Hello,
I just got a Logitech cordless optical trackman for my birthday.  I have
it working with gpm (and X) as roughly a 3 button mouse, however, the
orientation is not very good.  For example, when I go "up" with the
trackball to move the mouse pointer upwards, it travels roughly 45 degrees
to the left at the same time.  In windows I was able to adjust the
orientation so that up means up using Logitech's drivers, but I haven't
been able to find anything similar in Linux/X/gpm.

Does anyone know how to adjust this?

I have older trackman mice and I haven't had this problem.  It has only
manifested itself with this new mouse.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jerry Seutter