segmentation fault - XEphem

Hi -

I can't pinpoint *exactly* when this problem began. I'm running testing
(sarge) with a few unstable packages thrown in.

Anyway, I installed the commercial/CD package of the XEphem astronomy
program some months ago and have been happily running it since. Last
week, however, I started getting a segmentation fault when I tried to
run the program.

Here is the output of a session I ran with gdb. I have little experience
with gdb, and am of course going to continue to dig, but if anyone has
any pointers based upon the following, I would appreciate any help.

Thx,

Glenn Becker

chexmix@catbutt:~$ gdb `which xephem`
gdb: Symbol `emacs_ctlx_keymap' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
GNU gdb 2002-04-01-cvs
This GDB was configured as "i386-linux"...(no debugging symbols found)...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/xephem
warning: shared library handler failed to enable breakpoint

0x082c241c in ?? ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x082c241c in ?? ()
#1  0x082ecd8f in ?? ()
#2  0x082e2777 in ?? ()
#3  0x082c3893 in ?? ()
#4  0x082e28b3 in ?? ()
#5  0x082c42be in ?? ()
#6  0x082c3893 in ?? ()
#7  0x082c41b1 in ?? ()
#8  0x082bc7e2 in ?? ()
#9  0x082bd19f in ?? ()
#10 0x082bdbf3 in ?? ()
#11 0x082bd9eb in ?? ()
#12 0x0808572d in ?? ()
#13 0x08085652 in ?? ()
#14 0x08066905 in ?? ()
#15 0x08062637 in ?? ()
#16 0x080dd2e5 in ?? ()
#17 0x080dcbd2 in ?? ()
#18 0x0828c342 in ?? ()
(gdb) quit
A debugging session is active.
Do you still want to close the debugger?(y or n) y
chexmix@catbutt:~$ exit