Re: Setting default width of xman

15.11.2002 19:23:05, Joe Riel <joer@k-online.com> wrote:

>11/15/02 9:05:08 AM, Michael Naumann <mnaumann@giga-stream.de> wrote:
>
>>What you want is
>>Xman*manualBrowser.geometry :    800x900
>>in your .Xdefaults.
>
>Thank you.
>
>How did you figure this out?

This was just a wild guess.
I tried
strings `type -p xman` | grep geometry
and the first (of the four) results was (with a bit intuition) a direct hit.

>More generally, how can I find the available resources for a particular X-client?

This is something I'd also like to know.
I too often end up with experimenting.
In the case of xman, the widget hirarchy can be obtained with
man xman

>The man pages for a client don't always have the information
>[I realize that "geometry" is part of the x-toolkit].
>Specifically, how did you determine that the <subapplication>
>[I don't know the correct term] under Xman was "manualBrowser"?

I think, "widget" would be the correct term here.

>Thanks
>
>Joe Riel

- Michael

PS: I have a related question, I'm going to ask in a separate thread.