Re: woody to testing

    "mtsouk" == mtsouk  <mtsouk@freemail.gr> writes:

    mtsouk> Hi and thanks for answering.  I know that the main problem
    mtsouk> of testing is the bugs :-) What I would like to know is
    mtsouk> how many bugs does testing have?  I mean, are the bugs so
    mtsouk> many that you cannot work at all with debian testing?

No, testing is probably about as stable as many other
distributions. Besides, you get "new" bugs only when you apt-get
dist-upgrade so you have some control over how closely you want to
track things.

    mtsouk> I do not need any special applications: Just C/C++
    mtsouk> development tools, KDE3 and its apps, kdeveloper, anjuta,
    mtsouk> perl, XFree, etc.  What kind of applications have most of
    mtsouk> the stability problems?

Like I said, I tracked woody from June last year to release. I can't
say I had serious problems at any point (the most irritating thing I
remember was some sort of terminal capabilities problem for a few
weeks).

    mtsouk> As I previously said, the reason that I need KDE3 is the
    mtsouk> Greek support that is has which, I think, is better than
    mtsouk> the other XWindows managers.

You can get KDE3 for both testing and stable from unofficial sources I
believe. Google for it, or perhaps others on this thread will tell
you.

Cheers!
Shyamal