Re: can't find startx after installing Xserver-Xfree86

Nimar Arora said:
> Hi,
>
> I installed Debian - Woody - stable on an x86 machine
> and then installed the package XServer-Xfree86 and
> walked through all the configuration steps. At the end
> when I executed startx it couldn't find the command!
> What else do I need to install?

if thats the *ONLY* xfree package you installed you need at
least xfree86-common, and some fonts. I have 1 system with
a minimal install, all it runs is xawtv(no window manager),
all it has installed is:

xf86setup					install
xfonts-100dpi					install
xfonts-75dpi					install
xfonts-base					install
xfonts-cyrillic					install
xfonts-pex					install
xfonts-scalable					install
xfree86-common					install
xfs						install

of course you'll probably need a window manager unless its
a specialized system like this one I run that only runs
xawtv fullscreen 24/7.

nate