Re: Re: exim, delivery to /home/user instead of /var/mail/user

------------------------
 debuser@sysmatrix.net wrote:
------------------------

>On Tue 12 Nov 2002 08:42:43 +0100
>"Benedict Verheyen"  wrote:
>
>> ------------------------
>>  Shyamal Prasad  wrote:
>> ------------------------
>>
>> >Make sure your pop lines have a "is 'userx' here" line to get the
>> >mail to the right users.
>> It does have such a line. Yet it puts all mail in
>> /var/spool/exim/input. When you are fetching mail for several users,
>> that's not a good approach.
>>
>> >Don't do this. There is no need to. Leave exim configured the way
>> >Debian expects things to be (mail in /var/spool/main/...)
>> See comments above. If you are fetching mail for all users then there
>> is a need to split mail into various users directories.
>>
>> I think it's possible to do this and then if the users has a procmail,
>> let that one sort the messages in to the correct subdirectories.
>
>What he was trying to put across is that in the DEFAULT Debian install
>of Exim any mail passed to it by fetchmail shuld automatically be
>delivered to /var/mail/{username}. If the user has a ~/.procmailrc then
>it would automatically be passed through procmail and delivered wherever
>the .procmailrc told it to go.
>
>Something is broken in your Exim installation. At this point I would
>suggest deleting everythin in /etc/exim and running
>'dpkg-reconfigure exim' or 'eximconfig' to get back to the default
>behaviour.
>
>Also, please post your fetchmailrc (sanitize the usernames/passwords
>please) here to this thread so we can see if anything appears out of
>whack.

I deleted the files in /etc/exim, ran eximconfig. Then i restarted both
exim and fetchmail but the mail ends up in /var/spool/exim/input again.
This is my /etc/fetchmailrc file:

==============================
set postmaster "user1"
set bouncemail
set no spambounce
set daemon 300

poll pop.isp.com with proto POP3
user 'username1' there with password '123456' is 'user1' here

poll pop3.isp2.com with proto POP3
user 'username2' there with password '123456' is 'user1' here

poll pop.isp.com with proto POP3
user 'username3' there with password '123456' is 'user2' here

keep

user1 and user2 both are users on the system where fetchmail
and exim are running.
Both exim and fetchmail are running (verified with ps aux).
I then let fetchmail get the mails by doing "fetchmail awaken"
which lets fetchmail get the mails.

Kind regards,
Benedict