Re: apt-get

Ron Sinclair wrote:
I'm an occasional Libranet user but installed Debian 3.0 a few weeks ago. Everything is fine but was wondering something: when installing via ap-get, the install always defaults to installing from the cdrom device.

> -SNIP- <

Would I need to comment the cdrom lines?

I'd much rather install from the internet sources than juggle 7 disks.

TIA

You can safely eliminate or comment out the CDROM entrys, since the same information is available from the other listed internet sources. It is up to you if you want to retain 3 sets of somewhat duplicative internet sources. I find I have done quite will here with only one set. Stable doesn't change that frequently, but you might want to have more than one source if you have frequent problems connecting to one or more of them. Another reason to have more than one internet source is if you use JIGDO to obtain new ISOs...something you will not have to do for a while since you have a current set of CDROMs for Debian Woody. I would definaltely keep the entry for Debian Security, since this is where most of the updated packages are found.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-