Re: ATI video All-In-Wonder & TV

Egor Tur wrote:

Hi.
I have ATI 3D Rage Pro AGP 1X/2X based on bt829 chip. What driver should I use in order to see TV? I have 2.4.19 kernell. Who have such card and who use TV? I try GATOS but it do not work in my. Does BTTV driver work with this chip?
Thanx.

Well, I have a Rage 128 PF/PRO AGP 4x on which I was watching TV via xawtv in X. But on my last apt-get update/upgrade, X 4.2.1 was installed, and I also upgraded to a stock 2.4.19 kernel (from a custom 2.4.18 one) and now xawtv reports that there's no such device as /dev/video0. So one of those two things (or a combination of the two) hosed my TV capabilities.

I only say this to give you hope that it will eventually work. Unfortunately, I don't have the answers as to "how". I tried downloading the Gatos ati.2 driver (I vaguely remember doing this before), but apparently it's for X 4.2.0 instead of 4.2.1. At any rate, it doesn't work for me either.

But I'm working on it.

Kent