Re: networking woes with 2.4 kernel

The kind folks on the kernelnewbies list (kernelnewbies@nl.linux.org) recognized the problem and suggested I try the 'noapic' kernel parameter. Adding

    append="noapic"

to the lilo.conf stanza put the interrupts back where the should be.

Of course, you answer one question you get another :-) , but this one should be easy. The person who suggested "noapic" also asked if ACPI was configured in the kernel. Could someone please point me to where to can I find the configuration file that was used to create kernel-image-2.4.18-686? Is that in kernel-package (where I see a config.i686 but no config.i686-smp, for instance), or is it tucked away somewhere else? I'm still learning The Debian Way.

Thanks again for all the help,
Jeff