[OT] Re: The United States Healthcare Directory

On Sat, 2002-11-09 at 19:54, do not reply wrote:
> Governments across Canada spend over $500 billion
> annually to maintain and improve healthcare services.

Not actually relevant to Debian, but by my understanding, the total
collective annual Canadian governmental budgets - federal, provincial,
municipal, school boards, etc. *may* come to $500 billion Canadian
dollars. Health care is about 40% of the provincial portion in most
jurisdictions, or likely around $100 billion Canadian on the quick info
I can track down. There are some aspects outside the government health
care system, such as pharmaceuticals, but that still doesn't *quite*
reach the $500 billion annually unless you *REALLY* stretch what is
healthcare.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org