Printing problem

I have a problem with printing. When I send two jobs to the printer, only
the first one prints and the second one does not even appear in the queue.
However, if I query the queue somehow, for example by lpq or if I do lprm
all, I can again print another job. I use lprng and I use the 2.4.19
kernel, which I compiled myself with parport and lp as modules.

lsmod prints
parport_pc             17736   1  (autoclean)
lp                      6464   0  (autoclean)
parport                24576   1  (autoclean) [parport_pc lp]

dmesg prints:
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP,TRISTATE]
parport0: faking semi-colon
parport0: Printer, MINOLTA PagePro 8
lp0: using parport0 (polling).

I haven't tested it too much, since I don't want to waste much paper, but
it seems to me that this problem does not appear with the original 2.4.18
kernel.

Thanks a lot

Vladimir Chalupecky