Re: Re: Woody - XFree86 4.1.0.1: Screen Freezing, fsck 3 times/day

On Friday 08 November 2002 16:57, Stephen Gran wrote:
> The mouse section looks fine to me.  How are you starting X that it's
> looking for /root/XF86Config.new?  startx should just use
> /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, as should the login managers.  Part of the
> problem here might be that you actually have two mice - one on the
> laptop itself and one hooked up to the ps2 port.  You should have two
> configurations for them, IIRC.  Maybe this is causing problems?

The thing is both my touchpad and my external mouse work just fine
with a single entry in XF86Config-4. I am not starting X with
/root/XF86Config.new, I'm doing the regular start-up from /etc/X11..
I'm not  sure it makes sense putting a copy of my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
under /root but it looks like when X is in trouble that it's looking for it
(at least that's how I understand the final sentence in /var/log/X*)...
Oh well I'm gonna try to add a second device entry and we'll see...
bye bye
François