Anyone gotten PHP4 working under unstable?

Has anyone here gotten PHP4 to work under unstable with Apache?  I've tried
to follow the directions explicitly, but when I try to view a php file the
browser (Galeon is what I'm using mostly, but Netscape 4.77 displayed the
same behavior) I get a window asking whether to download the file.

Lesse now, I'm using (all from sid):
ii  apache            1.3.26-1.1        Versatile, high-performance HTTP server
ii  apache-common     1.3.26-1.1        Support files for all Apache webservers
ii  apache-doc        1.3.26-1.1        Apache webserver docs
ii  php4              4.2.3-3           A server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language

In my /etc/apache/httpd.conf, the lines I've added / modified as per the
directions are:

LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml .php3
DirectoryIndex index.php index.phtml index.php3 index.html

From what I could tell of the directions, this should do it.  But I'm
*still* getting the box asking if I want to download this.  Near as I can
tell Apache is just not parsing the php file.  Did I miss something
somewhere?  I feel that I must have, but I just can't figure out what.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.