Re: scsi-emu and loop modules errors

[erk, don't top post!]

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 02:46:45PM -0000, Pigeon wrote:
> I _think_ you need a 2.4 kernel. (Meybe you don't _need_ one but it
> works better if you do have one.)
>
> I seem to remember that getting a CDRW was why I upgraded to 2.4.
>
> Pigeon

That's rather odd.  Is 2.2.20 known to have this problem?  Try searching
the lkml archives maybe?

> > ~# insmod loop_gen
> > /lib/modules/2.2.20/block/loop_gen.o: unresolved symbol
> > lock_cipher
> > /lib/modules/2.2.20/block/loop_gen.o: unresolved symbol
> > find_cipher_by_id
> > /lib/modules/2.2.20/block/loop_gen.o: unresolved symbol
> > unlock_cipher
> > /lib/modules/2.2.20/block/loop_gen.o
> > Hint: You're trying to load a module without a GPL compatible
> > license and it has unresolved symbols. Contact the supplier...

I think this is because you haven't applied the loop device patch along
with the crypto patch.

> > ------------------ Misc system info:
> > - Debian 3r0
> > - Kernel 2.2.20 with international patch (I've tried without patching
> > and get the same unresolved symbol messages)

International==kerneli.org crypto patch?  It requires a seperate patch
to the loop driver too.

> > - When botting log says it finds two scsi devices (my cdrw and cd-
> > rom)
> > - In the end of the booting sequence I also get the message
> > "syslog cant create /dev/log: Adress family is not supported by
> > protocol" (how do I fix this?)

Do you have 'Unix Domain Sockets' enabled as either a module or compiled
into your kernel?

Overall, I'd suggest installing a Debian prepackaged kernel
(kernel-image-2.2.20-blah) and see if that fixes these problems.

-rob