apt-get preferring lower priority items?

I'm having a little problem getting my system pinned down to sarge
properly.  In my /etc/apt/apt.conf file, I have the following:

APT {
  Default-Release "testing";
};

This apparently works because:
coffee (/etc/apt)
% apt-config dump 2>&1 | grep -i release
APT::Default-Release "testing";

Everything looks like it's going to be okay, until I run aptitude, then
I get situations like the following with wine:

coffee (steve)$ apt-cache policy wine
wine:
  Installed: 0.0.20021031-1
  Candidate: 0.0.20021031-1
  Version Table:
 *** 0.0.20021031-1 0
        500 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     0.0.20020904-1 0
        990 http://http.us.debian.org testing/main Packages

So, the package in testing has higher priority, but for some reason
aptitude (and by extension, apt-get), preferred the package in unstable.

Can somebody please explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Stephen W. Juranich                         sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering         http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic
University of Washington            http://ssli.ee.washington.edu/ssli