Re: How can I get rid of the frame buffer?

bparker> Hi Oliver: Thanks.  However, I don't use LILO anymore; I use
bparker> GRUB to directly boot the kernel.

bparker> I was aware that the LILO bootloader could be use to pass
bparker> messages to the kernel at boot-up time.  I was really hoping to
bparker> disable the frame buffer via a configuration file.

Grub can pass kernel options too.  Edit /boot/grub/menu.lst, and edit
the "# kopt=..." line.  Then run update-grub.

I don't think there is any other configuration file, other than for
configuring the kernel at compile-time.

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA