Re: Drive with no partition number

On Tue, 05 Nov 2002 09:44:54 CST, Rob VanFleet writes:
<...>
> it has no partition numbers.  I can mount it as /dev/hdb and everything
>works as normal, but I haven't seen that done before, so I'm wondering
>if this is something that will cause me problems in the future, or if
>it's perfectly normal.

That's what I usually do if I don't need to boot from the drive or more
 than one filesystem living on it. I wouldn't see the point in adding
 that extra layer of abstraction.

It won't even cause you problems in the future unless you want to
 access the data from OSs that assume a partition table on everything
 (eg windos).

cheers,
&rw
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer |  CoreTec IT-Security  \
\   <rw@coretec.at>   | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /