Toshiba 1400 Laptop & Debian

Anybody have any success stories with Debian 3 and the Toshiba Satellite 1400 ?

I'm thinking about wiping out my mandrake part of the dual boot on my Toshiba 1400 laptop, and wondering if anybody else has one with debian on it. I'm not sure if it was a problem with some Mandrake 9 configuration or not (xf86 4.2.1 with kde 3.0.4), but I had a weird key-repeat syndrome that had keys repeat at random with no pattern. After checking with another friend who had a Toshiba Satellite, he said he had the same problem but could not fix it.

I am switching to Debian regardless, but just curious if anybody's "been there - done that".
Cheers

Stephen March.