Re: cvs: two repositories

Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 12:15:53AM +0100, Robert Epprecht wrote:
>> I'm developping a program which I would like to put somewhere on
>> the net like savannah or sourceforge.  As I am on a slow modem
>> connection I would prefer to keep my local cvs repository and sync
>> the public one from time to time, bundling some related commits
>> in one upload.  How can I do that?

> Of course you can write script but I do it in brain dead way.
>
> make source locally
> cvs ci to local CVS
> cvs export from local cvs to new tree
> cvs import to remote to create archive

ok

> keep working on local CVS created by cvs co
> also make another tree with cvs co from remote

both local, I get

> using mc's 2 window mode, copy files with only update mode from local
> tree to remote cvs tree by using tag (insert ket) and F5

Hmm, I don't get that.  When you say 'remote cvs tree' is this the
local tree checked out from the remote repository, or what?
Don't know mc (I'm working on the text console).

How do my local check in's go to the remote server.
I want version numbers, commit times and commit messages be the same on
both servers, of course.

> get an idea.

not yet...

Thank you,