Re: configuring mail

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 03:29:38PM +0530, sandip wrote......

> one irritating thing is happening in my mails. all mails appear to be
> coming from sandip (sandip@escortsmumbai.com)! i will like them to
> appear to be coming from Sandip P Deshmukh (deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com)

Try the following in your exim.conf:

#   MAIN CONFIGURATION SETTINGS     #

untrusted_set_sender=true

# REWRITING SECTION                 #

*@*escortsmumbai.com "${if eq {${lc:$sender_address_domain}}\
                  {escortsmumbai\.com}{} fail}\
                  ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
                  {$value}fail}" s

and in /etc/email-addresses make the following entry:

your-signon-id (sandip?): deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com

That worked for me, and I tried a lot of things before getting this
right with some help from the muttusers group.

FYI ... a few of my .muttrc settings ...

set use_domain=yes
set use_from=yes
set envelope_from=yes
set hostname=escortsmumbai.com # this will change the msgID in the hdr
set reverse_name=yes
set realname="your_name"
set reverse_realname=yes

I think these are the key ones and will get you going.

HTH.

Kevin

--

Kevin Coyner