Re: 2 questions: ethernet card s82595fx ; bunch of background sounds

This one time, at band camp, Antonio Rodriguez said:
> Thanks Stephen for your help, just another question: how do you
> control the volume output level (system wide, and/or user wide)?

With a mixer.  apt-cache search mixer will return a whole list of them.
I prefer aumix myself, but YMMV.  aumix is configurable system-wide in
/etc/aumixrc, and each user will have a ~/.aumixrc after running it
once.  So root can set volume for the box on boot, and users can set the
volume level for their sessions.

Steve

--
She cried, and the judge wiped her tears with my checkbook.
		-- Tommy Manville