cups & hp5550

Solution needed:

Running Debian sid, cups, and hpijs. The printer is an HP 5550.

Printing tends to work fine, however every so often when I print
the job is sent to the printer but only prints one or two lines. At this
point it just stops and blinks.

The only solution I've managed to come up with is to reboot the
computer, which is not acceptable. Restarting cupsd alone does not solve
the problem.

Anyone how what is happening here and how to fix it?

--
Kevin C. Smith           | The people can always be brought to do the bidding
Debian GNU/Linux (sid)   | of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is