Re: Gvim & ColorSchemes

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Michelle Storm wrote :

» Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 18:48:39 -0800
» From: Michelle Storm <jade@ursine.dyndns.org>
» To: Debian User List <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
» Subject: Gvim & ColorSchemes
»
» I have these installed: Vi, Vim, ViMacs, gtk-vim
» I mostly use gvim (when I can) and while I was using KDE instead of
» AfterStep. It would remember my colorscheme.
  gtk-vim is probably what you are looking for - it's easy to use,
  tutorial and usr_27.txt are a good start.
»
» I switched to AfterStep as it seems to not load down my CPU as much, and
» also when I login the first time to KDE desktop, it works great, but the
» first time I log off then back on, all the text is screwed. So until I
» fix the text issue, I'll use AfterStep.
»
» Back to the problem:
»
» I use gvim, and I'd like it to automatically start on the "colorschem =
» elflord"
»
» The closest I could get to starting with that scheme is to just use gvim
» -reverse <filename>
»
  in your $HOME gvim/vim reads config file .vimrc/.gvimrc ( there
  shold be 2 examples in doc) - in your $HOME/.vimrc put this :
  colorscheme elflord

» But this only works when I start gvim myself. I use gvim as my email
» editor also, and the "-reverse" setting doens't work in .muttrc file.
  you can use mail_vim.sh , shell script to start vim/gvim with specific
  settings for mail in a diffrent file(formatoptions, abbreviations etc
  for example :
  :iab teh the   " change teh in the in insert mode.)

» So I'm wondering if there's a way to save the colorscheme setting so
» that it always uses my prefered colorscheme by default? instead of this
» white-background one. Which I hate, as it's too bright.