Re: Just some pointers Please (Mouse wheel issues)

    "Michelle" == Michelle Storm <jade@ursine.dyndns.org> writes:

    Michelle> Just need a few pointers.. I should be able to figure it
    Michelle> out once I know "where" to look.

My /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 reads

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

since I run gpm. But /etc/gpm.conf says

device=/dev/input/mice
type=imps2

For a wired USB Logitech mouse.

$ ls -l /dev/input/mice
crw-r--r--    1 root     root      13,  63 Mar 24  2002 /dev/input/mice
$

If you edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 directly be sure to read and
understand the comments about "BEGIN DEBCONF SECTION" or you could
lose you changes unwittingly. Good luck!

Cheers!
Shyamal