Re: Exim using relay host

This one time, at band camp, Christian Schoenebeck said:
> Hi!
>
> I want Exim to send emails for some specific users over my ISP's SMTP server
> instead of sending them directly. I added following router at the top of the
> routers setup to check the senders address and if it matches one of the
> 'senders' list, it should send their mail via SMTP over my.isp.com:
>
> myisp_smarthost:
>   driver = lookuphost
>   transport = remote_smtp
>   senders = john@someisp.com;bob@someisp.com
>   fallback_hosts = my.isp.com
>
> But that didn't work. It's still sending their mails directly to their
> destinations instead of using my.isp.com. What's wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Christian Schoenebeck

You need to define a domainlist router for those people's addresses -
I'm assuming the reason you're doing this is that you receive bounces
because their ISP won't accept mail from you directly for one or another
reason, right?  There is another thread going currently, called 'Exim and
SMTP on an internet gateway' where I explain how to do this.  Basically
all mail that is oing to a host matching pattern foo gets sent this way,
all other mail gets sent this other way.

HTH,
Steve

--
Canada Bill Jones's Motto:
	It's morally wrong to allow suckers to keep their money.

Canada Bill Jones's Supplement:
	A Smith and Wesson beats four aces.