Re: Debian GNU/LInux 3.0 - Win4Lin 4.0

fritz said:
> Hello world,
>
> using Debian GNU/Linux 3.0, which works great, we have to use one
> business-application which is only available as Windows-programm. Trying
> wine and Cross-Over , both programms are unable to run our application,
> we are now testing Win4Lin 4.0. Unfortunately "netraverse" does not
> support Debian distributions. Therefor I am unable to install Win4Lin
> 4.0.

you can try VMWare too. it works wonderfully under debian 2.1, 2.2
and 3.0. I don't think it is officially supported but I have never
had a single issue with it. Vmware also gives many other nice
benefits such as being able to "undo" the virtual machine, or
"rollback" the virtual machine(sort of like snapshotting). and its
the most stable app I've ever used..

i have never tried win4lin but have been using vmware since it first
came out a bit over 2 years ago? maybe almost 3 now ..

nate