Re: automating the lbdb queries?

also sprach Mark Roach <mrroach@okmaybe.com> [2002.10.31.2154 +0100]:
> mutt `lbdb pan`

yes, but that doesn't allow me to use it within mutt the way i would
like.

i think the best solution is to have cron automatically generate an
alias file out of lbdb... we'll see.

> if you then put this function definition in your ~/.bashrc

don't you assume i am running bash!

fishbowl:~> ls -l /bin/sh
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            4 2002-09-24 13:10 /bin/sh -> zsh

;^>

(why isn't this controlled by /etc/alternatives?)

> now you can run "mutt pan" from a shell and have pan automatically
> expanded for you. Hey, how bout that, I think I actually answered the
> question :) That hardly ever happens.

well, but what if i also have Peter Boo in my palm and would like to
write a message to him and all i remember is that he's called peter.
the tail invocation would probably return Peter Pan. i'd need to
provide for a menu of some sorts.

This should be incorporable into mutt in a better way. I think it
calls for a wishlist bug...

`. `'`