Re: SPAM fiiltering

On 2002-10-31 18:21-0800 Alvin Oga wrote:
> On 31 Oct 2002, Scott Henson wrote:
> > I am looking to start using a spam filter on my mail.  I was
> > wondering if anyone on this list had opinions/suggestions on the
> > best one to use.
>
> see the postfix section w/ spamassassin
> 	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/antispam.gwif.html
> [...}
> - but i say run your own mta... to do all your own filtering
>   before it even hits your mailbox

Agree. A solution I’m very satisfied with, is using procmail to let a
great number (well, 68 for now) of email addresses/names/domains which
I consider “safe” go directly into my inbox and everything else to a
“possible_spam” folder. Also a lot of worm mail goes directly into a
special trash folder if the subject fits. I used to get 50-60 of those
per day, pine was beeping all the time. After I set up procmail to
do this kind of filtering, I haven’t got one spam/worm mail into my
inbox. It’s almost boring now.

    Regards,         ~                                              +--------,
    Øyvind         _~              +        )        +      '       |/ _      \