Re: Woody Installation Problem

On October 31, 2002 02:13 pm, Joe Riel wrote:

> I had tried that, but there was, alas, no option for multi-CD.
> I have no idea how many packages might be broken.

apt-get install dpkg-multicd

(I think this should be in the dselect tutorial section of the debian install
manual but it isn't - I'll submit a bug report to install-doc unless someone
knows why I shouldn't)

Then you will have access to the multicd method in dselect.  There are
instructions for using it in the debian installation manual -> Advanced
Package Selection with dselect -> dselect tutorial:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/dselect-beginner

You can also add multiple cd's to your sources with apt-cdrom.
Just put a cd in and type "apt-cdrom add", or "apt-cdrom -cdrom /mountpoint
add" if it can't find your cd.  "man apt-cdrom" for more info.  Then you
could use
	apt-get remove packagename and
	apt-get install packagename
to re-install packages.

> Is there a way to restart tasksel so that it will prompt for all the tasks
> again [not just the ones that weren't selected the previous time]?

I don't know about this, but it looks like tasksel only installs packages
that aren't installed yet.  You might have to remove them with another
package like apt-get, aptitude, or dselect before installing them again.