Straightforward printing help urgently needed

I just bought a Canon BJ-200 printer and I'm trying to get it
working with Debian. There's a tremendous amount of stuff to learn
about: CUPS, Foomatic, PPDs, etc etc. It would probably take me
days to wade through it all and make sense of it. I don't have
days; I have to print some resumes and cover letters, NOW.

Can anyone point me toward a step-by-step howto, for Debian,
OpenOffice, and GhostScript, that will simply tell me what I need
to do?

Thanks very much,
--
Tom Zych
This email address will expire at some point to thwart spammers.